On Sunday, November 1st (All Saints Day) at 10 AM Florence Congregational Church (FCC) will resume worshipping in our sanctuary, located at 130 Pine Street.
We will be following the guidelines and mandates per the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. A full list of the current guidelines can be found on mass.gov.
The following are the safety precautions all attending worship must follow:
- Face masks are to be worn at all times.
- Social distancing will be practiced within the church to help prevent any health risk to those attending (see below for more details).
- Handsanitizer will be available at the sanctuary.
- An usher will be in place to take down your name and phone number. This is a precaution for contact tracing and all information will remain confidential.
- Signs will also be posted in and around the sanctuary indicating safety precautions being taken.
- Congregants will be permitted to sit in “go” pews marked with green (as opposed to “stop” pews marked with pink or red). These pews are chosen to create proper social distance. Please do not sit in “red” pews as you are no only endangering your own health but those around you.
- Families and people who are in the same isolation bubbles may sit with one another in “go” pews.
- Singing by the Congregation is not permitted for health reasons except for the minister and organist who will be wearing singers masks. Humming will be permitted for those who know the tune.
- The Lord’s Supper will not be served to congregants due to health risks although the ceremony will be observed by the presiding minister (Rev. Averill Elizabeth Blackburn).
- Only the sanctuary will be open for service and not the rest of the building. Bathrooms will be available.
Throughout September and October (except for Sunday, October 18 when we hold our next Cabinet Meeting) we will be holding live worship services on zoom. Any and all are welcome. Please find more information on our zoom services (and “communion on zoom”) here. A scheudle of upcoming services is as follows:
|1||Sept. 27, 2020||zoom|
|2||Oct. 4, 2020 (Communion Sunday)||zoom|
|3||Oct. 11, 2020||zoom|
|4||Oct. 18, 2020||youtube sermon|
|5||Oct. 25, 2020||zoom|
For any questions or concerns, please contact us.